Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Real Deal Blog (for real this time)

I was gonna wait till tomorrow to put my first real blog up, but watching TV and looking on the Internet I am completely disgusted.  What am I disgusted about........well you sit back and I will tell you.  Football fans this blog is for you.  The New Orleans Saints win once again last knight beating the 49ers with a last second field goal.  I will be the first to admit Drew Brees does not look like the same player that he was last year but he is still Drew Brees let him shake the cobwebs off.  Which is where I get to my disgusted portion of the blog.  Sports broadcasters dare to say that the Saints are no longer the best team in the NFL, how can this be true.  In my mind if you win the Super Bowl your the best team.  Ok so now if the next year starts and no one has beat you yet, your still the best team.  Some sports people out there are going as far as saying that the Pittsburgh Steelers are the best team in the NFL.  That has to be a joke, I don't care if they are 2-0 they are on there 4th string quarterback.  The steelers have now beat the falcons and titans, two teams that did absolutely nothing at all last year.  I'm sorry Pittsburgh fans but to consider yourself the top team two games into the year with Batch as your leading man is just wrong to football fans everywhere.  Now lets take a serious look at some true contenders out there in the league that thus far has been filled with upsets across the board.  My top three teams in the AFC would be 3. Baltimore Ravens  2. Indianapolis Colts   1.  Houston Texans.   In the NFC  3. Washington Redskins   2.  Green Bay Packers   1.  New Orleans Saints.   If your wondering where the giants and jets are its simple they are not that great.  The jets Defense is amazing I realize that and yes they did just beat the patriots.  But lets just be honest for a moment here is Mark Sanchez really going to be able to keep that type of performance up,  I think not.  So in short here is what I am saying the Saints are still number 1.  The Steelers have no realistic shot at the playoffs this year and watch out for the Texans they truly are contenders this year with Arian Foster leading the way.  Leave your comments below.----------Mikey C

4 comments:

  1. I like this Mike, your opinion needs to be heard worldwide. However I will disagree with you on the skins being top 3 and the Texans being the best in the AFC, you cant crown a team thats never been to the playoffs 2 games into the season. The Saints really do look off sync all over the field. The offense has been stagnent, no running game, and the 26th ranked defense doesn't look any better this year. However they are still managing to win games and at the end of the day thats all that matters. So although I don't think they will repeat this year they are still the team to beat this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree glen my opinion needs to be heard, but as far as the Texans are concerned if you beat the poster child of the NFL (colts) and make it look easy you prove a huge point and the AFC is just begging for a new leader and the Texans have the staff to be that team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like very much your post. Well not really, not too happy watching your Saints so far. Not a whole lot to look at if you ask me. The Texans do look legit I will say. Hopefully your second spot in the NFC will change this next week when the Pack comes to Chi town. We will see I guess.
    P.S. As for the whole world needing to hear your opinion......Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike.... very interesting ideas and for the most part i agree. My biggest argument is the Ravens. On paper they look like they should be one of the best if not the best team in the league. I just think, that thus far, they have not lived up to whats on paper. Flacco: 1. 3 very experienced wideouts 2. a multi pro bowl tight end 3. a very talented running back and 4. One of the best O-lines in the game. This all should add up to a very effective offense but Flacco and his Ravens had struggled greatly. 41.2 qb rating, 1 td and 5 int's in 2 games. I think for your top 3 AFC teams the Jets would have to replace the Ravens. I completely agree with your stance for the Saints. They are the champions until proven otherwise (unlike yourself in fantasy football)....even though they have struggled they are still 2-0. After 2 games i feel that the Texans are the team to beat in the AFC and even though the Saints are number 1 i think the Packers are the team in the NFC. and Collin i hope your not to disappointed come Sunday!

    ReplyDelete